Friday, October 4, 2013

Recent participation in the art contest



On September 28, 2013 I became a participant of the exiting art contest of "plein air" artists in City of White Rock. I have to mention that my participation in this event was in a lap of the gods. I found a crumpled flyer about the event on the Starbucks info board in White Rock one day after the registration dead line. Against all odds I came in White Rock on rainy gloomy Saturday morning. This 3 hour plein air session (10am-1pm) was the most challenging end exiting one I've ever had. Staying under the dripping tent, I was painting the parking area. Cars were changing every half an our, but the most wonderful moment was the white truck that had parked right in front of me and covered 2/3 of my view. Luckily it left in 30 minutes. I finished my work 20 minutes before the time.
Here you can see what did I finally make.
This painting got the 1 place! 



 Rainy Morning at the Small Plaza. White Rock
16"x 20"
oil on canvas



more information on the event you can find here:
http://www.semiahmooarts.com/2013/10/paint-the-town-a-success-dispite-the-weather/

No comments:

Post a Comment