Monday, November 16, 2015

Back to the blog life :)

Dear friends,
Sorry for the long silence!
Now I am back and will try to announce all the paintings and events I've missed and be consistent in future :)

1. August 29, 2015 I too part in the White Rock en plein air painting competition! During the massive wind storm that hit the Lower Mainland on Saturday, 21 local artists were painting outside and that was a great challenge. After all, I'm the 1st place winner!!! SECOND time (first was in 2013)!

 Stormy Wind.White Rock
oil on deep canvas
15"x30"
As the painting was covered with the dust, sand and insects, being painter during the storm, I've tried  to clean it out and refresh the paint and look what I got in the end :)




2. September-October 2015 I've organized four en plein air painting sessions for the Guild members in some of the most picturesque places of the City of Burnaby: Burnaby Mountain Park, Burnaby Central Park, Metrotown and Deer Lake Park.
here are my sketches...
 Burnaby Mountain Totem Pole
oil on canvas board
11"x14"
SOLD 
 

 Central Park Pond

oil on canvas board
11"x14"


 Central Park. Pond Island

oil on canvas
11"x14"
SOLD 
 


Metrotown in the Rain
oil on canvas
16"x20"

Deer Lake Park
oil on canvas board
11"x14"
SOLD 
 
3. September 19, 2015 Stiveston Grand Prix of Arts annual en plein air challenge. It was held under the heavy rain smoothly and comfortably. All the amazingly organized locations were equipped with the tents. Spots were picked by pooling number of the bowl. I was lucky! My spot was right in front of the fish market. Rainy day, fish boats, water what else I can dream about!? I was not a winner, but I got an amazing experience and sold my painting.
 
 Fish Market. Stiveston
oil on deep canvas
12"x24"
SOLD 

4.  And finally...October 23-25, 2015 Burnaby Artists Guild Fall Show
10 my paintings got new homes :) while I was enjoying meeting some of my good friends and art lovers. Thanks to everyone who came to visit the Show!
 

1 comment: